Welcome to Department of Microbiology
Department of microbiology was established in 2008. The F.Y. B.Sc. classes were started from academic year 2009.
Aims & Objectives
The Objective of the Department of Microbiology is to educate and train students in the discipline of
Microbiology and to expand the body of knowledge of this scientific field through research.
The specific goals of the Department are :
1) Intellectual foundation and preparation of students for life in a complex, dynamic technological world.
2) To offer undergraduate majors in Microbiology (MBI) and Medical Laboratory Science (MLS), and partner with other departments to offer minors in Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics, to prepare students for professional schools, advanced education, for career in clinical microbiology, and in basic environmental and biomedical research. 3) To prepare graduate students (M.S. and Ph.D.) with in-depth knowledge and research skills for
professional careers in Microbiology. 4) To enhance opportunities for research and scholarship for faculty members as well as undergraduate and graduate students.
5) To preserve, add to, evaluate, and transmit knowledge in the field of Microbiology.
To train quality healthcare professionals to carry out creative, innovative and inventive research, and
provide reliable diagnostic services in the field of Microbiology.
1) We shall uphold truth, integrity, honesty, tolerance, and accountability as our guiding principles.
2) We pledge to promote creative, innovative and inventive research in medical microbiology for the benefit of all.
3) Meritocracy and teamwork in research and practice shall be our hallmark.
4) We shall nurture responsible professionalism through a culture of mentorship.
5) We shall promote gender sensitivity in training, research and practice.
6) We shall practice good management of resources in training and research
|1||Mr. Milind Bansi Kharat||Assistant Professor & Head||M.Sc., CSIR UGC NET- JRF||Profile|
|2||Pawar Aditya Sharadrao||Assistant Professor||M.Sc.||Profile|